Thu, 22 February 2018
This time out we take some time to address a serous issue.
Thu, 15 February 2018
Welcome to show 203!
This time out the No Prisoners, No Mercy Team talks about the following subjects
1. A primer for pvp games - the good, the bad and the frustrating
2. Whether or not realistic combat games translate to real world skills (I have read more than one article about gamers with "mad skills" that became drone pilots)
3. Do we really need professional reviewers of movies and games. More than once I have read reviews saying movies (like the latest Star Wars movie) are terrible - only to go on
Wed, 31 January 2018
Welcome to Show 201 of the No Prisoners, No Mercy Podcast,
This time out we talk about "best" versus "best selling" games and why the two don't always coincide.. What do they have in common? We spend some time talking about success versus profit and then move on to "Internet Tribalism" and perception.
See you online.
Thu, 25 January 2018
Welcome to Show 201 of the No Prisoners, No Mercy Show. This time out Julie and Chris sit down to talk about an issue that is important to all of us...call it internet freedom, call it internet without boarders or net neutrality, it's important.
Sun, 31 December 2017
Happy New Year!
In part 2, Fran and I sit down with long time industry professional, author and partner in Blue Jinni Media. With the advent of virtual reality ever more present in the market place we sit down with Mr. Harper to discuss it's future and effect on game development. Will console VR outpace PC VR? Will the first success at VR games result on game publishers jumping on the band wagon? Will that drag down the industry or bolster it's success? Is it here to stay or will it be the next "laserdisk" fad? How has the game industry changed in the last 100 shows?
How many people will be suseptable to virtual reality sickness?
Join us for a peak at what may be the future of the game development industry.
See you online,
The No Prisoners, No Mercy Team
Fri, 22 December 2017
2. Dr. Bartle gives us the "nickle tour" of his life and what lead to the development of the "primordial ooze" from which all videogames where developed....M.U.D. (Multi-User Dungeon)
3. Dr. Bartle, Roy Trubshaw and the making of M.U.D.-building a better world
4. Pioneers in the game development - did you know Mark Jacobs gave up a job as a lawyer to make games?
5. The early days of Muse.
6. Industry pioneers Jessica Mulligan, Bridgette Patrovsky, Richard Bartle and some descrimination at Interplay.
7. When videogames added graphics - the first graphic worlds; Ultima Online, Meridian 59, and Everquest.
8. Everquest and DikuMUD gameplay (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DikuMUD)
9. What makes a compelling game?
10. Mud on a Rasberry Pi, Dungeons and Dragons, board games and other pursuits.
Sun, 26 November 2017
Welcome to show 199!
This time Fran, Julie and Chris talk about the following subjects:
1. Jim Sterling pushes Chris' buttons
Cuphead, And The Problems With Difficulty In Video Games
Mon, 6 November 2017
Welcome to No Prisoners, No Mercy Show 198.
Your personal information was hacked, but don't feel bad - there are 143 million other Americans in the same boat. When will the excriment hit the oscillating air current distribution device? What is the solution? Are gamers especially susceptible?
Next, is videogaming culture racist?
Mon, 9 October 2017
Welcome to No Prisoners, No Mercy - Show 197
This time out we are talking about science fiction - Blade Runner: 2049 and the original Blade Runner, and how it effected the science fiction genre.
See you online, and in line,
The No Prisoners, No Mercy Team
Thu, 28 September 2017
Welcome to Show 196.
This time out Fran, Julie and Rod talk about the following subjects.
1. Fran grinds an axe – racing to the boss