Mon, 30 November 2015
Welcome to Show 167!
Fran and Julie are back from vacation – this time out Fran, Julie, Chris and Steve sit down for some fun to discuss the following subjects:
Direct download: 167-NPNM-11-30-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 10:56pm CST
Thu, 29 October 2015
Welcome to Show 166!
This time out Julie, Fran, Chris and Steve sit down for a trip down memory lane as we discuss the history of videogames from pong, playing in the mud, and suitcase sized laptops all the way up to present day. And yes, we will admit, we had so much fun we got carried away with the whole concept (Chris had nothing to do with it…really!)
1. Pong, Atari 2600 and early computers
Direct download: 166-NPNM-10-29-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 6:13am CST
Tue, 29 September 2015
Welcome to Show 165!
This time out it is our very great pleasure to welcome Adam Cogan, Design Director, for Sparkplug Games. Mr. Cogan has been working on a long overdue and anxiously awaited game, Firefly Online – and he is here to tell us all about it.
Sites Cited in the show:
Serenity Valley Smugglers Association
Direct download: 165-NPNM-9-28-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 6:22am CST
Wed, 16 September 2015
Welcome to Show 164!
This time out Fran, Julie, Chris and Steve site down and talk about the following subjects (see below). Next time we welcome Adam Cogan from Sparkplug Games, who will talk to us about their upcoming game “Firefly Online”.
See you online,
Fran, Julie, Chris and Steve
1. The Smed, Zeekill and the “White Hat Hacker” – did Sony provoke attacks? 2. White hat hackers
3. Video game movies. Keven Smith and “The Hollywood Formula”
4. Xbox One, Fallout 4, Bethesda , Ubisoft learns their lesson, Assassins Creed Syndicate (and finally a female protagonist!), Square Enix finally gives in and remakes Final Fantasy 7.
5. Square Enix and the best and worst of the Final Fantasy Series (on and offline)
Thu, 3 September 2015
Welcome to show 163!
This time out we are pleased to welcome Brian Hicks, Producer at Bohemia Interactive working on DayZ! We spend some time talking about Brian and what got him interested in game development, the development of DayZ now that it has gone stand alone, and how early access is helping DayZ and the industry.
See you online,
The No Prisoners, No Mercy Team
Thu, 20 August 2015
Welcome to show 162,
Fallout 4 is in (at least getting close) and “The Smed” is out. This week we welcome Steve “Slunker” Griffing back to the show as we talk about the subjects below:
Next time: We welcome special guest Brian Hicks from Bohemia Interactive, producer for DayZ!
1. Diversity in video games versus the developer’s vision for the game and the target audience. What is the developer doing with the narrative? Does it matter if a story is being told from a particular character’s viewpoint? What is the story the developer is trying to tell? Or are we asking developers to include a particular gender just for its own sake?
2. Game Developers that ask us to buy what is a rehash of the same game each year? Is the annual edition trend dying out?
3. EA takes it on the chin
4. China lifts the ban on console games, Chief Keefe not welcome in Indiana even by hologram, Alliance playing for the proper…er…horde side – mercenaries in WoW
5. When beta wasn’t marketing/the evil of preorder and early access
6. Game Development and Moving Benchmarks
7. What we have been playing – Ark Survival Evolved, Lotro, Terra Online
Direct download: 162-NPNM-8-19-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 6:09am CST
Thu, 6 August 2015
Welcome to show 161 *checks to make sure it is really show 161 and not 163* Yes it really is show 161.
Julie, Fran and Chris welcome special guest Rod Harper to the show!
This time out Fran takes an arrow in a knee, Chris has burning issues, and Rod heats his pc. The shows are a bit out of order to accommodate schedules for industry interview.
Subjects this time out:
1. Console Games vs. PC Games
2. Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
3. What size is that asshat?
4. Games that we play even though we won’t respect ourselves in the morning.
5. Physics and size D, Ubisoft and EA
Direct download: 161-NPNM-8-6-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 6:04am CST
Thu, 23 July 2015
Welcome to Show 160!
This time out Fran, Julie and Chris discuss (although not always so quietly) the following subjects.
Anita Sarkesian hate posters
Ethics in Game Journalism and Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight and Destiny
At the Movies – origin stories and remakes
Early Release Games – Assassins Creed, Starmade, Space Engineers, Medieval Engineers, Elite Dangerous
Direct download: 160-NPNM-7-22-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 6:08am CST
Fri, 3 July 2015
Welcome to a very special, and controversial issue of the No Prisoners, No Mercy Show – show number 159. If controversial subject upset you, this is not the episode for you, and we will see you next time for show 160. If, after listening to the show, you ask yourself why bring up the subject at all it is because the article came across our news feed from a gaming website (among other things). If you are ready to brave the waters, tune in and listen. You will find the articles cited in the notes attached to the show.
Direct download: 159-NPNM-7-3-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 5:54pm CST
Thu, 18 June 2015
Welcome to Show 158!
Join us as we discuss the subjects below. This week Chris looks for the manly size economy 55 gallon drum shampoo. Julie spreads parkour on her sandwich. Fran leaps through fire to stop being hooked on a feeling.
1. Pre-order Rot – how do we get it to continue?
2. Day 1 DLC
3. Nintendo goes mobile and stops whale hunting (article)
4. Starmade - Minecraft and Eve Online in outer space
5. Grand Theft Auto – the movie
6. Ubisoft Learned their lessons – Victorian Assassins
7. Zero Punctuation does Sim City – snark of the highest order
8. Triple A changing the way they don’t listen to consumers – the industry has changed the way they do business – has it made a difference?
9. OMFG – Operation Make Faster Game
Articles and Sites Cited:
Direct download: 158-NPNM-6-16-2015.mp3
Category: -- posted at: 6:10am CST